Easter 2011

Our first major holiday with our family foursome. Pretty exciting. We dyed eggs, had an egg hunt, made it to church and took the Easter picture of the two kids I'd been envisioning since before Izzy's arrival. It was a lovely feeling to know that my family is all here now, we are a complete family unit.


Charlie dyed Easter eggs for the first time this year. And it was the first time for Ryan and I in about 25 years. Its fun to be a kid again!


Not much has changed in the basic process...

As you will see throughout this post, this is the face Charlie makes when he says "Cheese!"
Charlie knew just what to do for the egg hunt. Maybe it was his book 'Spot's first Easter' that had him prepped and ready to go, a very timely gift from Gram.





"Cheese!"


How long til goldfish and craisins won't fly in the Easter eggs?
For once I had Easter outfits ahead of time. Knowing that I wouldn't have much time to shop once baby arrived, this was a task I completed before delivery. Yet I didn't plan to try to take an Easter photo before the actual day, which would have been brilliant. I think deep down I didn't want to wrestle with Charlie over putting on his tie and sitting still for more than one second, so I just didn't attempt it. As a result, I almost drove Ryan mad by telling him umpteen times the day before and Easter morning that I HAD to get a picture of the two of them looking adorable and Easterly. When you leave things to the last minute you often have to accept what you get first try. All things considered, I'm happy with the one picture we got with Charlie looking up and Izzy's head not dangling precariously while in his lap. I wish we had one with Roxie and the two kids, but by then I was pushing my luck. Next year I will plan ahead (yeah right).
Izzy was partly asleep and that was probably best...
There's that "Cheese!" again...
This is getting closer to a quality pic, although Charlie's insistence on opening the plastic Easter egg was interfering with his ability to prop up Izzy.
And there it is - my Easter picture. I'll take it.
Of course, Charlie would have nothing to do with the bunny ears for the picture. But luckily Roxie is always a good sport.






We had a big Easter gathering with the Manies family. About 30 people all together and five little ones of which Charlie was the oldest and the only boy. We were laughing at the chaos it took to get this picture of the Manies grandkids. It was the end of the day and everyone was tired and a little slap happy.
Not to feel left out with all the super cute Easter attire on the baby girls in the family, Izzy was given a headband with a flower for Easter. She didn't feel the need to wake up for it though.
Ok, so I was excited to buy the first Easter outfit for my little girl (this actually wasn't it - the one I dutifully purchased ahead of time was still too big for her). In fact, just the thought of buying an Easter dress every year for my, at that time still unseen daughter, brought happy tears to my eyes in the last few days of my pregnancy. I remember always having a special, frilly dress for Easter as a little girl and now I get to re-live that with Izzy.
Izzy with Great-Grandma Ruth, both of them pretty in pink!
It was an exhausting day to maneuver two kids through. I hope it gets easier as we get better at this parenting two little ones thing (but I doubt it will!). But as Ryan and I put our feet up at the end of the day, it was a contented and happy tired that left me feeling incredibly lucky and blessed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Children know best

Just say Yes!

Izzy's rainbow party - behind the scenes