Time to dye the eggs


I love this picture of Charlie from Easter last year - laughing at Roxie in her bunny ears. I'll see if I can get Roxie to don the ears again this year. I know I won't be able to get Charlie to settle for craisins in his eggs again. It's jelly bellies and chocolate eggs or bust!

Our days for coloring eggs are dwindling - Easter weekend is almost upon us. We dyed eggs last year without much fan fare. Some people really get into their egg dyeing creations (this is SO not Martha). I would like to try some of the many creative egg decorating ideas out there someday (here, here and here are a few ideas, if you feel so inclined):

Image credits: Pinterest
*Ah Pinterest, I love you and I hate you. You give me ideas, and you make me feel inadequate.
This post nails it!

Mabye when the kids are a little older and will be able to appreciate it, we will attempt something mildly creative. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. I refuse to feel ashamed about my egg dyeing limitations. I mean, no one I know owns an egg blower. Right??


















I grew up hunting plastic Easter eggs and I don't feel cheated by that. But I do think there is a real backlash going on with Gen X/Y moms that grew up with instant/pre-made/from a kit everything that makes us want to create something from scratch, the old-fashioned way. I also wonder if working Moms, myself included, aren't driving this movement. After all, we are away from our kids all day working while they are doing creative projects in day care and school with someone else's help and instructions. If we can't be with them every day, maybe we can at least make the holidays, birthdays, weekends that much more special by dyeing Easter eggs to look like Daddy's tie...

And along those lines, here are the cupcakes I plan to make for the parents' meeting/pizza social with Izzy's class tomorrow night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Children know best

Just say Yes!

Izzy's rainbow party - behind the scenes